Friday 18 June 2010

FaithButton

Today I am joining in with Faith and Family's Small Successes. (See sidebar for link).

This week I went to the doctors. I tend to neglect this responsibility for various reasons, except when it comes to the children, of course. So while I was there I achieved 3 things:

1.) I saw the doctor about a long standing back problem that I have been trying to ignore and hoped would get better by itself.

2.) I made an appointment to have a cervical smear test. It's been 5 years since my last one and we are advised to have this done every 3 years.

3.) I made an appointment for Hope to have her MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccination.

I suspect I'm not the only Mummy who neglects herself in this way. I hope I am. It can be very difficult finding the time to do these check-ups for oneself and I seem to always prioritise them last, after everyone else has been looked after. But it won't help anyone if I become too unfit to look after them... so it is done now. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment