Sunday 11 April 2010

More from the Easter holidays

Here are Honor and Henry stroking the piglets at The Rare Breeds Centre at Woodchurch, Kent. We met up with our friends again and Lisa treated us to this. I usually prefer for the kids to find free or very cheap entertainment in the holidays but it is nice, now and again, to go somewhere like this and there was certainly loads to keep them entertained.

Various fun adventure play areas and zip wires!

Even Hope enjoyed a turn on the swing.


And loads of animals to look at. Particularly baby ones. Lambs, fluffy chicks, piglets, tiny kid goats. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I carried Hope in the Moby Sling which was excellent in that she had a really good view of everything. However I was walking around with her for five hours and later that evening I was actually in tears from back pain. I know. Bad backs are boring. So I'll just briefly mention that I have been suffering for a few years now with pain mainly from the coccyx which seems to be a war wound from childbirth. After seeing the doctor after my first child he recommended that I sit on a rubber ring. This certainly seems to be good advice and has made a difference. However, Henry got his hands on it yesterday and burst it. So I need a new one, now. I also think I shall avoid the sling for a few days. Hope seems to be enjoying the pushchair anyway.




Honor has decided to write a blog of her own. So we are in the process of setting this up. I found an interesting link to a site of kids blogs so she is reading these for inspiration and I have given her an exercise book for her to make blog notes in, write poems and stories etc to be included. I was thinking of taking the kids to see Clash of the Titans later this week so I think I'll get Honor looking at film reviews and then she can write her own.



No comments:

Post a Comment