Tuesday 13 April 2010

Jam and Jerusalem

A Women's Institute group has just started in the village so last night I went along. I must admit I did struggle through the song 'Jerusalem' mainly because it was hard not to giggle. But I did enjoy the evening. We were treated to a flower arranging demonstration by a very popular man called Robin White. I remember the first time, a few years ago, that I went to see one of his demonstrations. Although I like seeing flower arrangements, I did wonder how watching someone prod flowers and bits of foliage into some oasis was going to be entertaining. However it is his banter that makes it such fun. He has plenty of funny stories to tell and the arrangements that he does are really, really fabulous! He has won medals at Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment