Monday 1 March 2010

Sunshine at last!

This rotten old cold is dragging on but it is amazing how a bit of sunshine can lift the spirits and today I noticed just a little more energy has returned. Though, the day did get off to a slow start. Baby Hope appears to be suffering now and kept me awake a bit during the night. So this morning I stumbled around, bleary eyed but luckily had Hubby around to help get breakfast. I took this photo this afternoon. It is the view from the bottom of our garden. I think it is the first time that I have been out in the garden for weeks.







I released the chickens fron their watery pen. They are obviously making the most of it as they have just been spotted making their way down the road along with the rabbit who also doesn't think much of confinement!









I even got round to doing a spot of baking. These are Nigella's breakfast bars. Or a version of them anyway. They are very simple to make. Simply heat a can of condensed milk and then I have mixed in rolled oats, pecan nuts, flaked almonds, coconuts, sunflower seeds, raisins and chocolate chips. The contents vary depending on what I happen to have in the cupboard but they are always yummy.
I've also got my salmon pasta bake in the oven. Again, a 'throw-together-whatever-you've-got' kind of meal.






And here is my new cupboard that I got at the flea market last weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment