Monday 25 January 2010

I had a nice day with Mum today. I don't often get to spend time with her. She still works full time and her spare time is taken up with looking after my Dad and Grandad. So I enjoyed going round for lunch with the baby and afterwards we had a browse around the town. I got this pretty dish for the cherries in a charity shop. I got some books and Barbies for Hm too. She's very miserable at the moment. Mum thinks her nose is out of joint because of all the attention I'm giving to the baby. And she came home from school saying that she's being bullied. One of the girls in her class said she looks like a hamster. I'm not sure that constitutes bullying. I think the word bullying is used far more nowadays. When I was at school, a bully was a real hard nut like that Gripper Stebson in Grange Hill. And they were quite rare. But the 'bully' label is used a lot more frequently these days. I mean, kids are pretty mean to each other in general and do tease. I understand how she feels though. I know what girls are like and some don't get any better when they are grown up! So I'll keep an eye on it.
Other news: Hubby has been called up for Jury Service. He is not pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment