Saturday 13 February 2010

I've had a lovely day today, I have! The kids have been well behaved, got on with things without the nagging... that in itself is enough. But we had a lovely lunchtime treat, meeting my best friend Lisa and her nieces for lunch at Frankie and Benny's. It's the first time I've been there. I don't go out of my way to go to restaurants with kids in tow. I resent paying lots of money for a meal I can't relax and enjoy, usually spending up to an hour trying to keep whining and fidgeting kids entertained before getting served, even! But this place wasn't too bad if you don't mind hearing Cliff singing 'Congratulations' several times over for the birthdy parties. Hope was very good. She was happy sitting in her high chair for an hour and a half watching all the goings on. I brought bread sticks and fromage frais with me for her to eat. The meal deals for the kids were very reasonable, in my opinion. For £3.95, they got a main meal, dessert and unlimited soft drinks. I enjoyed my food, too.

I'm about to get some more lovely grub. Here I am, sitting at our Valentine's dinner table. We're having pear and roquefort toasts http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8262/roquefort-toasts-with-peppered-pears followed by roast duck in a redcurrant sauce. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment