Saturday 12 December 2009











Just sitting here by the log burner watching the X-Factor final with a glass of wine. I think it must be one of the closest finals as the last 3, Olly, Stacey and Joe are all brilliant singers and seem nice, likeable people too. I've tried voting for Joe and Olly but only got through on Olly's line. I think he did the best performances tonight anyway but still think Joe is a worthy winner.
This morning we went to the church xmas fayre. I was disappointed not to get my wreath so looks like I'll be making my own (a la Kirstie Allsop!). Honor won a pretty little blue and white cup and saucer in the tombola which I've put on my dresser!
And this evening the children were up for awards at the Kumon ceremony. It was quite fascinating. the first recipient was a young boy in his last year of primary school (so about 10 or 11 years old). He is on a higher level than the instructor herself who admitted she can't actually help him with the maths but just encourage him in his learning, He has already taken his maths GCSE!!! Brilliant. Very well done to him. And well done Honor and Henry who received bronze medals. Henry is actually ranked as 456 in his age group in the UK.
Ok. Here comes the result. Going through to tomorrow's final is....OLLY!!!! And.....Joe!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment