Thursday 2 September 2010

First day of term.



I got up much earlier this morning than for the previous five weeks and cooked us a breakfast to start the new school year with. I made poached egg with butter beans, baguette and tomato. The children were all still fast asleep when I called them at 8am. They were surprisingly calm and cooperative in getting ready for school. Perhaps the effect of 'going up a year'. They were certainly looking forward to returning. I, of course, was going to miss them, but as soon as they were dropped off, little baby boo and I breathed a sigh of relief. It was our time again.

I noticed how much more talkative she was, now that she could get a word in edgeways! Here she is eating her lunch as we talk about Daddy. The photo shows her signing the word in baby sign language.







So what did we do with our new found freedom? We hit the charity shops, that's what! I bumped into Henry's former nursery teacher loaded up with sackfuls of stuff she was taking to the shop. Thats what I need to do. Have a good clear out. But today I picked up a few bargains: a fat face dress and floral skirt for Honor, a CD of nursery songs for Hope and two story cassettes for Henry. All for £5.
Now they are all in bed and I have prepared a breakfast for us in the slow cooker for the morning. It's a bit of an experiment. I have put in some quinoa and pearl barley with water, coconut milk, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and dried goji berries and blueberries. I wonder how that'll turn out, or if they'll eat it?
Right now I am enjoying watching Deuce Bigalow, male gigolo on ITV4. Outrageously course and very, very funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment