Saturday 7 August 2010

Five go camping in Norfolk.

Lots of photos for this post. So many more I could have used but who likes looking at other people's holiday photos?
As I said before, we recently returned from a short camping break in Norfolk. I picked Norfolk because it is not too far from Kent, a couple of hours drive. We took our small fold-up caravan with awning (the girls and I slept in this) and a pop-up-tent which Hubby and Henry slept in.
The park was Pentney Park, near Kings Lynn and cost us just £98 for 5 days. There was a free outdoor pool and also an indoor one with jacuzzi, gym and sauna for a few quid extra. There was a fair bit of noise at night from the busy main road and the nearby RAF base.


Here is Honor reading a book to her little sister, Hope. I put up the curtain behind them to separate off Hope's cot from our sleeping area.

Hope was fantastic on this holiday. Full of enthusiasm and yet sat quietly and patiently in her pushchair whenever things needed to be done ie, putting the camp together etc. (Unlike her mother who did a fair bit of whinging and whining about the cold, damp and filth that is the essential fun of camping!)



I did, though I say so myself, put together a very good itinerary of excursions. I recently joined The National Trust which gives us free entry to many historical places and nature reserves aroung the UK.
Here we are about to embark on a boat trip to Blakeney nature reserve to see seals in their natural habitat. The weather was pretty cold and wet as is obvious in the pictures. I tried to be prepared with jumpers and waterproofs, however, the last month or so had been so hot and dry I had forgotten how miserable our summer weather could be. As Hubby didn't own anything so cool as a kagool, we had to spend £30 on one in the local village shops and I felt I had to get myself an extra fleece too!


But look at poor Henry. Smiling bravely through it.






And it was worth it to see those seals... and the look on the childrens' faces.











This visit is on a much sunnier, warmer day to Oxburgh Hall, another National Trust site.







There were lovely trails for us to follow...









swans with their cygnets in the moat....









and an old Tudor stately home which belongs to the Bedingfield family and contains tapestries made by Mary, Queen of Scots.










This is Honor coming out of 'the priests' hole'. The original family were Catholics and therefore had to hide their priests during that time of persecution.
Another day out was to a very nice town called Holt which had lots of nice shops selling nice things! After dragging the family around the shops we headed off to the Country Park.
More on that later...













No comments:

Post a Comment