Sunday 31 August 2014

Wow. It has been over two years since I last posted.  I didn't think I would be blogging again. I just came across this old thing this evening and am just playing around with it really. Seeing what I remember and if much has changed in terms of what this site can do.

Things have moved on a lot since my last posting.  The kids are, obviously, older. 13, 10 and 5. I am a single parent now and have a job.  So taking care of three children alone, looking after the house and going back to work after 12 years has been a big challenge for little old me.  And between much tears and heartache, I think I've taken the bull by the horns and have learned much.  I'm now confident with a drill and a hammer, oh yes! , no bingo wings in sight from the amount of hedge cutting, drain clearing, lawn mowing, painting, sanding, gravelling etc that I've been doing, I also like to think of myself as a bit of a Carol Vorderman, teaching maths to eleven year olds. That's really hard maths, that is!

For me the last two years have been tough. I found it hard to cheerfully blog about it especially when there are people going through much tougher times.  Divorce and single parenthood are fairly standard problems today.  Most people keep on going. I'm trying to keep on going. Maybe even do better than before. I have much to be grateful for: my children have been as much a source of comfort to me as they have needed me to be for them.  My mother has helped us every day, quietly and patiently.  My new job has been a Godsend and the people I work with are supportive, encouraging and wonderful. I have even been on a dating website and started dating again.  That was absolutely terrifying and I nearly bottled out of meeting a lovely man I had been chatting to.  But I I forced myself to get on with it and thank goodness I did, because he also has been a Godsend .

Now I am so aware that I know not what is round the corner, the rug was pulled from under me, I live my life one day at a time and try to make the most of each one and the time I have with the ones I love as much as I can.  I am going to help the children be the best they can be and am determined  that the rejection and hurt from the past does not stop me from loving now and in the future.



2 comments:

  1. I live in Russia. I read your blog. it is interesting. good children. you the strong woman, I wish good luck at work. you call on. I have a son of 10 years. it is interesting to me as there live mothers in other countries. write messages and photos, I will read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should have looked after your man better? Just saying

    ReplyDelete