Monday 23 May 2011

Happy Birthday to ME!

Hello!
I haven't had a lot of time to blog recently, what, with hospital appointments and other stuff. Earlier this week, Mum and I attended the funeral of our former priest, Fr Tony Pelan at Aylesford Priory. He was a very good parish priest; an energetic and funny man. He married Hubby and I and baptised our Honor-May.


Yesterday was my birthday. My 40th birthday! I don't look it... do I???!
Here I am at the medieval fair again. We went there on my birthday last year. I think that I am even wearing the same top! It's well worn.
Just enjoying a Pimms while we watch a bit of archery and combat.
Hubby bought me a new coffee table. It is very nice, but the best thing about it was the box!
Look what we did with it...



Hours of fun has been had in this box by both young and old.
Honor and I made decorations for the gazebo.
This ribbon chandelier was made by covering an embroidery hoop in ribbon and tying lots of lengths of ribbon to it and I made the bunting from scrap fabric bundles that I bought on the local haberdashery market stall.
The flowers are a mix of supermarket and garden flowers. Hubby did order me some flowers from an on-line company but they haven't turned up yet. Neither have some birthday cards that family members posted days ago.

My friends, Glenn, Jancy and Lisa came for dinner which was the Aldi 3-bird roast, cooked by Hubby. It was fabulous. And we had the Eton Mess in brandy baskets that we had last year again 'cos they were great. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Life begins....

4 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo way late with this but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! .... and 40 suits you, you look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah. Just glad those photos aren't in high definition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they'd be lovely pics anyway :) Hope everything is well with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete